We fine-tuned everything in order to reduce energy consumption. In this process, we also tried out new things, practiced them for some time, and rejected them if they failed to produce the desired results. But we quickly found out which measures would help us to reach our goals:
- Adjust process temperatures to optimum values
- Keep an eye on energy consumption all the time
- Use efficient technology; install new electric motors with maximum efficiency values
- Reduce downtime in production
- Increase plant capacity for specific processes
- Optimise processes by eliminating the cooling system (consuming a lot of energy) for some products without impairing their quality
In the near future, we will also implement a software which will help us to see when the most important energy consumers are idle. Our plant operators can then stop the equipment concerned and avoid unnecessary power consumption.